Friday, July 20, 2012
Stow away germs
We came home from the hospital all ready to face the week, yet we are dealing with more than we bargained for. Seems some little germs packed themselves in our stuff, very uninvited for sure! Fever and lethargy took over on Wednesday then the crud sounding breaths. Ugh..so off to the pediatrician we went yesterday and as we were talking about the night and how Gabby was looking I causally mentioned that blow by O2 would have been nice to just let her sleep with a little support, but not BE ON O2. He took one look at me and was like, well why on earth don't we have O2 at home? I stood by my previous notions of, if she needs O2 then we are too sick to be home. He asked me if she looked sick enough to be at the hospital and I said no, and without saying anything else the light went off. So, at 5pm on a Thursday, we decided to have blow-by for nights when she's got a cold and just could use a little support. I never imagined it would be delivered within 3 hours to my home and set up by the super nice Children's Home Healthy delivery guy. It came in handy as I heard the pule-ox machine beep around midnight. Just that little bit of extra allowed her to sleep more comfortably (until the extremely loud and vibrant thunderstorm made an appearance). So, another day of resting peacefully at home it is. I suppose this is life's way of making sure I get my to-do list tackled.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment