As I write this, Gabby is being treated for another UTI and getting over a nasty viral bug. As careful as we all are with her and germs, some things are just inevitable I see! We have had check ups with most of her doctors post admit, they are pleased with how she's getting back to her baseline, our 2 big hurdles being kidney stones and adjusting seizure medications (which could be playing a part in her stone issue as well). As most of you know, we had another surgery planned earlier this year that was obviously postponed due to the complications from her initial surgery. Last week we had a great sit down with the Orthopedic doctor and openly discussed all that the hip surgery would entail. I felt so good leaving his office as we were both on the same page from the get go! Basically that surgically pinning her hip bones into their socket would in no way extend her life expectancy, but in so many ways could decrease it so we aren't doing anything at this time. He assured me that there shouldn't be any discomfort at this point, and with her back brace doing its job that we are safe to wait and see what the next year brings. We all want to see her just strong and healthy and enjoy her world around her, so it's time that is our main focus and go from there. All of my concerns were addressed and I felt very educated and listened too.
Now on to the FUN stuff! We have spent many afternoons with the girls at the local park, swimming, riding around the neighborhood,making friends and enjoying the most beautiful summer weather we had.
![]() | |
| Swimming and Auntie Abbie's with Carmen and Alex |
![]() | |
| Speeding through the 'hood in my tricked out ride |
![]() | |
| I LOVE the park and fresh air |
![]() | ||
| I LOVE how she's pointing to her shirt |
![]() | |
| Happy 10th Anniversary Scott and Michelle |
The above moments that were captured were but a few, but I hope you can see in our faces what a perfect time we had. Not many families can boast a connection like mine, and I am proud to say we are close and strong. We laughed a lot, listened a lot and smiled even more. Now, when can we go again!??!?!





























No comments:
Post a Comment