Thursday, May 24, 2012

Making the best of a sticky situation






Feels nice to sit here after another day with this admit and actually say, "It was a good day!" To be accurate though, I would have to mention it really is our third good day in a row! So, when we get to these days of feeling better and biting at the bit, what do we do?? Today the answer was PAINT! After getting situated in our new favorite chair, her nurse (I will call A.) came in and said "YAY FOR ART DAY!" and rolled up her sleeves and got right in to the sensory fun of painting with a, (hmmm, what do I want to call it) squishy light up caterpillar we got Gabby for sensory. It was a great tool to paint with. Not only did we cover a lot of paper, but Gabby could hold it, and the colors turned out gorgeous. It warmed my heart to see A. fully enjoying her time with Gabby, and telling everyone that walked in the room that this was her best day ever. Also wonderful was the fact that the other staff kept a watchful eye over the other patients to allow A. this time with Gabby and I. So many smiles and moments of pure laughter and joy seen today. I hope the staff can pocket these moments for the days filled with everything but the smiles and laughter. I can't say it enough, this place is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment