Monday, May 28, 2012

Ticket please....

Time to get back on the ride that is 'life at the hospital'. I stepped off the ride for 2 nights (yep, you saw that correctly, Gabby's dad came and stayed here for the 2 nights with her. This was a huge step for me!) I had some wonderful, non medical adult conversations and quiet, peaceful sleep in my own room. I got great updates on Gabby while I was away, and I was confident she was in good hands. 




Just such a cute expression!

Happy Girl today with music and sensory
Hearing that her plumbing has been working on it's own, and lots of 'code browns' being called was both exciting (most of you parents will know what I mean :) ) and a little off setting. Where were all these codes coming from? I got concerned when it took almost an entire bottle of their natural room deodorizer and some Aloha room spray we got as a gift from Hawaii to refresh the air in the room. Docs and I agreed we needed to look for an infection called c-diff. That test came back pretty quickly with a positive for the presence of the bacteria, but negative for the toxin. (sounds good!) Still, we are waiting in the isolation wings until the more specific test comes back negative before we are free to enjoy all the hospital has to offer, and get back to getting outside to the fresh air. In the mean time, we have been spending our time wisely with lots of arts/crafts and sensory time! We even painted with Gabby's feet, and gave the nurse a little startle when Gabby's toes were a little blue! HA AH AH.....(love finding fin ways to keep people on their toes). Hopefully our next update I can share that we told the isolation crap to take a hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment