Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Goodbye Kindergarten, Hello 1st grade

Having a quiet afternoon one day a couple weeks ago I get a visit from our beloved Child Life Specialist who came in with a question on behalf of her and our music man, "Would it be ok if we acknowledge Gabby's Kindergarten Graduation while she's here since she's missing the last day of school?" I was speechless. Not only had I not connected those things, but they thought about it all on their own. WOW..... I had to take a moment to to absorb the fact that I had a first grader on my hands, then said of course that would be ok, Gabby would LOVE IT! So began some party prep. I made a cap from some glitter (a must) and construction paper, and invitations were made for Gabby to pass out and the time was set for 11am on the last day of school. At party time in comes her Auntie Abbie, medical team, music man, PAC team, nurses, Child Life and Music man Dave. They made a beautiful music montage cd, presented Gabby with a diploma and held a banner up in her honor. Then came the confetti and cheers! Gabby so knew this day was for her and about her and everyone was there to celebrate her. Each person there had a moment to connect with her and making a memory for her to cherish. I cried at the true sentiment that was shared. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment