Friday, June 15, 2012

Real Smiles

Got up with Gabby a little early today and the sunshine was out and a smile on my face. Got Gabby all tucked back in and she fell fast asleep and I couldn't bring myself to miss out on the gorgeous morning staring at me through the window. I put on my walking shoes and grabbed my music and took a little recharge time outside. Felt good to clear my head for a while and feel my blood pumping. About halfway back I got to thinking of Gabby and this hospital stay, the ups and downs. The image of her smiley little face popped in my head and I almost started to cry as I had a really difficult time remembering the last true smile on her face. It warmed my heart to know my little girl is there and with all the changes we are making I could be taking home a healthier, more comfortable, happy girl!

This past week Nana and Pops were here for a visit and got to see the smiles first hand :) Even snuck in a little snuggle time! 

Transition still going slowly, but still going. Feeds advancing slowly too, and I am living by the ideal that slow and steady wins the race!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment