Best put today in morning rounds by our Attending, "Gabby's middle name should be patience, since that is what she's teaching all of us". The transition from dilaudid to methadone hasn't gone as smooth or fast as we had wanted.Today we decided to change to IV formula of the methadone wondering if she just wasn't absorbing the liquid well, and they can dose it very specifically with a greater handle on how the body uses this form. Then, we will try again to wean the dilaudid. After we discussed the information on Gabby from today, the doctor looked at me and again mentioned just having to be patient. I agreed, and stated that it's been a very tough life lesson for me to learn. She smiled at me and complimented me on how much less nervous and stressed I seem compared to our last long visit here. Said she sees a much stronger me, and that made me feel good. Having someone who has only seen me at my toughest times notice growth and strength meant a lot.
Life has funny ways to teach you what you need to learn....it's finding a way to see the lessons that tends to be the toughest.
And, if we ever need proof that there's a little stinker inside of that adorable little person, I got photo proof today! Was looking all over for the syringe that we put on the suction tube to keep it quiet, and look where I find it!

No comments:
Post a Comment